Saturday, January 31, 2009

ENCONTRE TRABAJO!

I have two jobs! One starts right away (next week), starting w/ only 4 hours, but week by week, I accumulate more hours, and can work up to 30 hours a week. The other starts in March, and is much better paying, but is only 2 or 3 days/week. In one of my interviews, I had to prepare/give a 20 minute lesson. It centered around the drought in Buenos Aires, and the relationship between the president and the farmers here. The person I taught expressed some negative sentiment against Kirshner (the prez), and explained that most Argentineans felt the same. Kirchner's husband was the last president, and people believe that he is his wife's puppetmaster. I have to find out more about why people have negative feelings about Kirshner.

The Tea Connection is one of my favorite places in Recoleta. They have every type of tea you can imagine, and they bring you a whole pot of it. They place a sand timer on the table, and when the time runs out, your tea is ready to drink. I ordered hot cakes, which came with bananas, cream cheese and honey!

FASHION OBSERVATION: The women wear flower barretts to keep their hair back, and they color coordinate with their clothes. They'll wear purple from head to toe. They also have close-toed shoes with a slit in between the big toe for men and women! Will this make it to North America? I hope so!!

LATEST NEWS: 4 kids threw a glass bottle off their balcony, hitting a young guy walking below on the head, sending him into the hospital. They haven't found the 4 boys yet. They fled.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! It sounds like you're having a great time =]
    Love from Jamba,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete