Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I passed the TEFL course! Yay! Tomorrow, I'm teaching my first High Intermediate class (and it will be my last class in training). There are normally four adults, and I'm showing an interview of Obama as he discusses the bailout.... we'll see what they say about that! Friday we have a class dinner to celebrate our "graduation".

I'm appreciating my car a lot more now that I have to rely on public transportation (the Subte mostly, where everyone packs in like a bunch of hot sardines, our skin melting onto the scorching metal handles -- I try not to touch those because hundreds of people touch them a day, so I just let my body fly all over as the train brakes or speeds up, letting other people's bodies stop me as I say "perdon!", "disculpa!" or "ay! lo siento!") or walking (where I look straight down at the sidewalk avoiding cat calls and cries for coins from hobo's - but the worst are the little kids that lean on your restaurant table for five minutes pleading for just one cent).

As I think I said before, I have two interviews this week to teach. That will determine whether I'm going to extend my trip, and also whether I will travel to Iguazu Falls sometime soon.... SO BEAUTIFUL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment