Saturday, January 24, 2009

Livin' In a Big City

Last night I stayed out til 6 am for the first time!! The bars get busy around 3 am, and the cover increases, too. Not sure if I mentioned, but the bars stay open until 6, so people really don't start going out until 2 am. I have to get adjusted to that - people order dinner here between 10 and 11 pm! I'd have to eat four meals a day to start getting into that. But last nite was a blast and I danced my buns off.

A lot of the stores here are closed on the weekends, so you have to do your shopping between 10 and 7 during the week. It's kind of a hassle. I've been going through books like crazy, and I really want to get some more, but the Biblioteca Nacional (in Recoleta) is never open! It is an Argentina holiday - they take January and Feb. off as their summer months.

This morning I read for a little while in the park, and then just sat observing the people around me. I started crying - sometimes it hits me hard that I'm actually in Buenos Aires, and it's so beautiful and peaceful here. I wish I could share this experience with everyone. I took a long walk alone and was really enjoying the weather! It was nice and breezy.

SIDE NOTE: I've been hailing taxis like a big girl! So fun.... guess that's just life in a big city, but I get a rush out of it every time I stick my hand out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment