Saturday, January 10, 2009

LA PISCINA (the pool)

Last night, some of the girls in our class had a party at their apartment. They had made pizza and jungle juice - we never got that kind of treatment at college parties! This morning, Marisol (my roommate) and I went for breakfast across the street for a banana/leche smoothie. I went to the Supermercado for the first time, and I FOUND CEREAL! YAY! then met up with the rest of the class to walk to a park w/ a swimming pool. There's a line to get in the pool because you have to get checked between your toes and fingers (no fungus allowed!). There was music blasting and it was the biggest pool I've seen in my life! They call Americans at the pool "diapers", because we have full bottom bathingsuits. All the Argentines wear thongs - we saw a lot of cheeks today :)

Argentina inventions: the ballpoint pen, ketchup and mayonaise in one bottle.
Observations: #1: You're always offered a straw w/ your drink. #2: Mullets are IN!

Tonite Mari and I are meeting some of her Argentina friends for a bbq, so I should get the opportunity to speak some Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment