Friday, January 9, 2009

THE CLASS

Everyone in my class is between the ages of 22 (I'm the youngest) and 30. We learned Portuguese the first few days of class. I wish we had more lessons - I was started to like it!! There are 20 students, and Jason and Amy threw a party last night to declare that we were ALMOST done with the first week of class. For some reason, everyone comments that it feels like we've been here for a month. It stays light out til 9:30 pm. This is one of my favorite things about Argentina, along with "medialunas" (croissants that cost 3 pesos or $1), the "subte" (subway), and the weather (people have pointed out that I'm so dark! So I told the class I'm 1/2 Mexican). So far, the most interesting thing I've done is go on a bike tour through all of Buenos Aires. It was a 3 1/2 hour tour, and San Telmo is probably the coolest barrio I've seen thus far. Today on the subte, I met a guy in administration at the local university, and he said come February, he would help me get a job as a T.A. I still can't believe I'm in Buenos Aires - my dream come true!!! I think I'm going to change my flight back to December :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm the Mae (with the squiggly line above the 'e' which makes me the MOMS)!

    So you liked Portuguese, awesome. You've got an exotic imagination but I love that you're 1/2 Mexican!

    Wow, did you say the 'job' word? Cool that you're connecting with so many interesting people.

    T.A. is that tough _ ss? Nice glam photo too.

    Love that you started a blog. I will share this with grama and grampa and change your flight to December. Maybe we should just meet again in Mexico since you must have a relative living there if you're 1/2 Mexican,
    comprende?
    mae

    ReplyDelete