Monday, February 9, 2009

JUST ANOTHER MONDAY IN B.A.

LATEST NEWS: I have been trying to gain access to the Biblioteca Nacional (national library). Apparently, there was an accident with their elevator - it lost control and two people were injured. Now, only the first floor is open, but hopefully this week they will open the other floors up. It's been closed for a few weeks now.

I saw Marley and Me today in a fabulous theatre in Recoleta called "Village of Recoleta" - the movie was as sad as everyone said, but I was prepared for that! No matinees here, though. It's about $6 around the clock.

Walking on the sidewalks in Buenos Aires, you really have to avoid walking directly under air conditioners. They are always dripping water on my head, and I don't particularly like it!

Have I mentioned Argentina has AMAZING ice cream? Well, they do. Dulce de leche (carmel) is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment