Sunday, February 8, 2009

BIG ME

FASHION: The women have been wearing Aladdin-style pants. They are tight around the waist, baggy in the middle, and cuffed around the heel. Some of these pants have baggy crotches that sag down to the knees. Not the most flattering new trend, but I'm curious to see if this will end up a trend in North Amer.

BEER/WINE: The two most popular beers: Quilmes and Iguana. My favorite wine: New Age and Frizze (both whites). Do any of these exist in the US??

A classmate and I have decided to play on the street for money (to make a little extra cash). What started out as a running joke has turned into a reality. Joe plays guitar and I sing. We spent 5 hours today practicing and creating a playlist. Our "debut" will be Tuesday. They will all be cover songs. The name of our band is "Big Me", since we decided that was our best song (by the Foo Fighters) and probably practiced it 10 times today. We will have some of our other classmates take pictures of us jammin' out. They will be there for moral support, and will give us our first monedas :) Joe is betting we will make 15 pesos in a day. Not much, but better than nothing, since neither of us has started teaching yet!

L.I.F.E Volunteering: I'm volunteering to help kids in Buenos Aires! It seems like a great program. We travel all over, create projects and games, and bring toys for the kids. There are cooking activities, birthday parties, etc. I haven't volunteered yet, but I'm signed up and excited to see what it will hold for me!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! When and where are you going to play? Maybe I can show up for some of the concerts. :) Text me at 6792 8402.

    (Javier, from Maria/Amelia and Cara's party.)

    ReplyDelete