Sunday, April 12, 2009

THE FAM COMES TO VISIT

The fam just left - and they fit a lot into just one week. We jammed out to music and ate a ton of pasta with a kickoff welcome terrace party on my rooftop the first night, toured downtown B.A., saw the Buddy Bears of The World (pictures to follow), drank heavily at the Pub Crawl (didn't quite make it to the club), flew to Iguazu Falls in northern Argentina (one of the most beautiful places in the world) for 3 days, the fam went to Colonia, Uruguay by boat (but I had already been, so I stayed behind), used Evan's guidebook to discover Cafe Tortoni, where we went into the basement of the cafe for a candlelight dinner and tango show with live tango music, and Lindsay and I got our hair done for cheap while the men went to the big mall (Alto Palermo) nearby.

Not the most relaxing of vacations for these guys, but they definitely saw a lot of things! I realized that Buenos Aires can be seen in just a few days if you have the right tour guide, and the noise and dirty air (dad and Lindsay weren't sure why it's called "Buenos" Aires??) can be a turn-off for a lot of tourists. I think everyone had had enough of B.A. after a few days, but they definitely loved the weather of Argentina.

Thanks to Evan, I've got the travel bug. I started planning a trip to Bariloche with stops down to Calafate and maybe Ushuaia last night. I'll do this trip in early May. Today I move in with my Argentine family. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment