Monday, April 27, 2009

CROSSING OFF THE B.A. BUCKET LIST

This is my last week in buenos aires. my roommate, Rachel, and I are traveling with 3 others (Alice, Bennett, and Matt) on Thursday. We start out in Mendoza for some wine-tasting and horseback riding, then head over to Santiago, Chile, then to the biggest manmade pool in the world (near Santiago). From Chile we head to Bariloche for paragliding and hiking, then to Calafate to climb inside a giant glaciar. It's very possible that our plans will change, but these are it for now.

I will be taking a flight to Minnesota May 12 to look for a job. Nick and I will drive to Michigan to say hello to everyone May 20 - right before Omer.

Last night I was able to cross off two of the top things I wanted to do in Buenos Aires (aside from becoming fluent in Spanish). I went to an "asado" (which is an Argentine roast) They cook A TON of meat out on a grill, and it is normally a big gathering every Sunday. I can't believe this was my first one! We had potatoes, corn, ice cream, salad..... and the best cuts of meat I've had since I arrived inB.A. I spoke in Castellano most of the time. To top off the night, Rachel's "amagovio" (friend/boyfriend) just bought a motorcycle, so I got to ride on the back. Cruising through B.A. on a moto was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment