Friday, March 20, 2009

PICK ME A WINNER!

I've been asking everyone about the crisis. They say it's not that big of a deal because Argentina has been in numerous crises. I asked people what they think would happen if Argentina was interdependent, cutting all ties to the outside world. They seem to think Argentina has everything it needs, and would survive just fine.

I've been reading the newspaper everyday and using my dictionary to figure out words I don't know. Then I ask my students to explain words I can't find in the dictionary. It's been a really good way to remember commonly used words here.

Now that all the Argentines are back from vacation, the subway is insane. It's a good thing I'm at a different altitude than most of them -- I can at least breathe a LITTLE bit of my own air. Recently a lot of locals look at how tall I am, and out of my peripheral I see them look down to my feet to see if I'm wearing eight inch stilettos.

People are very comfortable in public. Not only is there a lot of PDA, but people will dig for boogies right out in broad daylight, even if they see you looking at them. I also saw a guy peeing on a tree during the day right on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment