Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GOOD LUCK vs. BAD LUCK

Yesterday may have been the most odd twist of fate I've encountered yet. I had some really wonderful things happen to me - so much so I was considering buying a lotto ticket. I found a place to live AND I got a job at a Pub Crawl, which hopefully will completely change my considerably dull social life in Buenos Aires. I will promote the local Pub Crawl, and I get to drink on the job for free while meeting people from all over the world and getting people involved! I will make more money in this job than teaching anywhere.

I had a great big smile on my face for the first half of the day, and the 2nd half turned on me.
1. Arrived at Subte 2 minutes too early for it to be free.
2. Stepped in giant puddle of mud
3. Screamed when guy creeped out of hole of franchise on street....?
4. Stepped in dog poop
5. Almost wiped out because of dog poop on shoe
6. Found out I wasn't getting paid to work last night at Pub Crawl - I'm on a two week trial period
7. Tried to make good impression on workers at Pub Crawl. Put my arm around manager and called him wrong name.
8. Tried to walk home by myself. Ended up running because was scared. Car followed me. Yelled for cab.
9. Cried in cab.

So, you tell me, where did I go wrong? I must've been gloating too much about my luck earlier in the day. I won't make that mistake again.

1 comment:

  1. aww shammy! pretty girls shouldn't cry, remember? sorry you stepped in poo though, that always stinks. really stinks.

    here's my new fav site: http://www.smileandmove.com/move/resourceful-resilient.aspx

    check it out when you have time, it's uplifting :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete